Sunday, July 20, 2014

News 20/7/14

Well, my printer's broken and it can't print, only scan.
This is sort of a blessing in disguise because there were problems with pencil lines showing through in the inked versions of pages, so this means there'll be less of that.

Summer is the LockedOn Season of Never Releasing Anything, hopefully I can break free from that trope but it'll be difficult. I will say, however, that Pageturner 2's been plotted out pretty much all the way, so I know what happens next to these characters. The sequel will take May and Benedict to a darker place, still with the same sense of humor but darker altogether, and it's all tied together with a fun and unique crime solving mechanic. More details on THAT in my next update. All in all, while it's not a PERFECT end to the series, and it doesn't provide much closure, it'll still be a fun, twisted mystery adventure.

I wish I could say I've been working on GQ2.0, but I haven't. There's a lot to do there graphics-wise and every time I play it I wish there was time to really improve it.
I drew up a design for a Razer that included cool new movement and attack types, that would add excitement to the stand-and-blast battles, but unfortunately there's just no time to implement it. I had also planned new weapon types with different ranges, so it wasn't just lots of blasting.

On the bright side, there are more costume previews and the Razers are finally going to look cool.
Oh, and the menus and HUDs will now be vectorized.

Here's a quick rundown on progress, that's more accurate then what you'd find in a Games Update, but a bit messier.

TEW Comic Issue 2: script done, 2 pages out of 29.
GQ2.0: Gorbash sprite done and integrated into the game.
Pageturner 2: Menu screens set up, opening cutscene started (probably going to ditch what I made, though), some music composed.
TEWP4: I rewrote a lot of the script, mostly the ending. The script's still not done yet, though.
TEW Novel: I tried to run through a bunch of plot ideas, but there aren't many stories that I'd planned through perfectly.

I'm really hoping I'll get to finish all of this stuff in time!

-- LockedOn.