Sunday, December 14, 2014

The January Intensive, The Future of TEW and More!

Due to how successful my last intensive was, I'm going to be doing one again in January. Even though the actual total creative output wasn't as high as I would've liked, there's no helping that when there's simply so much to do involving my projects. The less time I spend online the more time I spend on my projects, which means that even when I'm not being productive during an Intensive, I'm still being more productive than when I'm not doing an Intensive.

Anyway, here's some good news! The Evolving World Issue 2 is out of my hands at this point. I've done everything I need to for the most part, and so it's up to Shoko to color and shade all the pages. This means I can focus on more important things, like telling the full story of TEW.

I've decided to do that in comic format. TEW is a story that's more about visuals than anything else, and putting it in novel format was a mistake. I'm not the right writer for a TEW novel, and I'm not about to hire someone else to do it for me. So instead I'm sticking with what works: comics.
I'm going to collect a bunch of origins and stick them in a big graphic novel which will be subtitled "Prequels". This book will fill in the missing pieces of the story. You'll find out what Arrdo's deal is, why Oliver and Watch have weapons in their hands, what Catalysts 1, 2 and 3 are, how Sadie and Suave fit into the universe, and why Oliver and Watch drifted apart.
The second graphic novel will be subtitled "Sequels", and will be released after Part 4. Obviously, I can't say anything about that one.

 I'm not going to nail down dates for these books, because it takes a long time to make a comic, but I'm going to try to make each story really good so it may take a while.
While one or two stories from each book may make it online for free as a kind of preview, the full versions will only be available through purchasing. I try to release as much as I can online for free, but these are going to be really substantial volumes, filled with my usual pages and pages of behind the scenes content, posters, codes, previews, articles etc. It'll be like a huge Games Update.

I may also collect TEW Issues 1 and 2 into the Prequels book, but no matter what I do, it's going to be loooooooonnnnnnnng.

After TEW's books and Part 4 are out, and Pageturner 2 and Generation Quest 2.0 are released, I'll only have Jak's pilot to worry about, (and it's probably going to stay in script form for the most part). After that, I have one or two tricks up my sleeve. Stay tuned!

-- LockedOn.